Payroll Tax Specialist
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Type of Position: Full Time
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
EPAY Systems, Inc., a growing SaaS provider of human capital management solutions, is seeking an exceptional Payroll Tax Analyst with a strong customer service aptitude to work at our Chicago headquarters. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a Payroll professional to join a highly entrepreneurial, collaborative organization that is looking to become a leader in the Human Capital Management (HCM) space. The Payroll Tax Analyst will provide support to the Manager of Payroll Tax & Benefits Compliance. The selected individual will be expected to perform tactical day to day human resource and payroll tasks.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as expert resource payroll tax issues and concerns, including interpretation and application of payroll tax regulations, policy and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of US Payroll Taxation is a must that spans across the US.
- Proficient in HCM transactions and basic configurations with ability to run end-to-end processing of HR and payroll transactional activities.
- Process Payroll Tax Deposits and Remittances on a per pay period basis.
- Process Quarterly Tax Returns and Remittances.
- Process Annual Tax Returns and Remittances.
- Ability to handle more extensive, high-profile work like Agency Notices, Quarter End and Year end reconciliation, W2 activities.
- Interface with third party vendors and technology partners to ensure accuracy in recording/reporting wage and tax data.
- Assist with system testing and other related projects.
- Ability to develop departmental operations procedures as it pertains to Payroll Tax.
- Responsible for ensuring client rates are updated timely (SUI rate exchanges)
- Assist internal/external customers with tax related questions and liability reconciliation.
- Function as primary contact providing payroll, tax process, systems and technical expertise to internal and ASO client base.
- Facilitate problem solving for Tier 2 workforce administration escalations from customers, EPAY Systems (ASO provider), or Customer Technical Support Services staff in India.
- Provide input to process improvement areas, workforce administration processes due to changes in regulation, business requirement changes, or HCM system changes while having high awareness of overall implications and impacts of such recommendations.
- Process day-to-day activity as required to maintain employee demographics and profile in HCM to ensure payroll and tax reporting are processed accurately.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR, Finance and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Manage the end to end process of penalty and interest abatements regarding Payroll Tax notices..
- 3-5 years of Payroll and Tax experience; detailed working knowledge of HCM technologies, Payroll Processes, and Payroll Tax compliance procedures.
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Working knowledge of Prism HR preferred or experience with other outsourced tax providers such as Ceridian or ADP.
- Recent experience utilizing MasterTax or related software
- Possession of a bachelor's level degree in Accounting/Tax, Business Administration, or closely related discipline with strong preference for candidate with CPP Certification.
- Strong professional skill set in task prioritization, multiple task management, independent work performance, and detail-focused job orientation.
- Demonstration of highly polished communications skills in verbal and written formats with ability to effectively present to diverse audiences and tackle issues in a positive and resolution seeking manner.
- Have a good customer service mindset with experience in managing customer services process preferred
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, works independently
- Strong communication, organizational, and technical skills
- Prior system conversion experience, a plus
- Knowledge of New hire reporting compliance