HCM - Payroll Analyst
Job Location: Chicago, IL / Rolling Meadows
Type of Position: Full Time
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
EPAY Systems, Inc., a growing SaaS provider of human capital management solutions, is seeking an exceptional HCM – Payroll Analyst with hands-on Payroll Tax and Garnishments compliance experience.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an HCM – Payroll Analyst Professional to join a highly entrepreneurial, collaborative organization that is looking to become a leader in the Human Capital Management (HCM) space. This analyst position will serve a critical role within our organization as the in-house expert for Garnishments for all HCM clients for compliance related issues. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the systems, processes and procedures required to administer Payroll Tax / Garnishments and/or administrative and training services offerings for our growing list of ASO clients.
EPAY is rapidly growing provider of Human Capital Management software and services including: payroll & payroll tax; garnishment administration and processing; applicant tracking; employee onboarding and employee self-service; time and labor management; benefit plan administration and open enrollment; administrative services (e.g. COBRA, FMLA, ACA, employment verification, FSA/HSA and HR resource center hotline). Our goal is to serve over 30,000 employees on our platform by the end of 2018.
- Responsible for the review and set-up for all garnishment orders including preparation of responses to orders and correspondence.
- Maintain garnishment rules in the payroll system including research and testing with Systems Support Specialist to determine proper withholding from employee wages in compliance with state and federal regulations and garnishment type.
- Write, review and process reports and automate answer letters and interrogatory responses.
- Maintain garnishment screens by entering applicable start and stop dates for each order in a timely manner in accordance with the information contained within the order and applicable deadlines.
- Answer and resolve payroll, Tax and garnishment questions while providing accurate information in a timely and concise manner to courts, agencies, employers and employees.
- Interact with various departments within and outside the company to answer questions and resolve issues (external contacts include check collection agencies, courts, lawyers)
- Process payments and interact with agencies to determine the amount to be withheld for quarterly and annual bonus payments and all other lump sum payments.
- Work on special projects as assigned including account reconciliations, accruals, and journal entries as well as cross train with other team members.
- At least 3 - 10 years comprehensive Payroll, Tax, and Garnishment Administration/Compliance experience.
- Previous work experience utilizing a comprehensive HCM / HRIS platform.
- Significant work experience in an ASO, BPO or corporate shared services center supporting multiple clients.
- Experience managing or supporting payroll services employees across multiple client employers or distinct corporate business units is required.
- Knowledge of PrismHR, or HRPyramid, software helpful.
- Self-starter mentality with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a desire to lead, manage, train and develop subordinate employees.
- Ability to work and thrive in a lean, team environment, focused on achieving results.
- Experience and desire to interface directly with clients.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, manuals or response letters to employees, executive management and state/federal agencies.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with strong analytical abilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as reliability; and ability to carry out daily functions in an efficient, accurate and timely manner under deadlines.
- High level of integrity, strong sense of confidentiality, and customer service mentality.
This is a salaried position and is aligned with the HCM Payroll Service Delivery team reporting to the Manager of HCM Data Migration and Payroll Service Delivery.