Network & Systems Administrator
EPAY Systems, Inc., a leading TLM Services Provider in the Chicago area continues to grow and is currently seeking an experienced Network & Systems Administrator.
The Network & Systems Administrator reports directly to the Manager of IT and is responsible for ensuring business continuity of EPAY Systems SaaS infrastructure including: design, planning, operation, security, performance monitoring, and day-to-day management of network, servers, switches, network connected devices, and IVR services. Candidate must be highly technical and comfortable with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, be a fast learner, and possess great communication skills. This is not an entry level position.
- Provide direct support and administration for corporate infrastructure resources, tools and applications.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties for execution, escalation and resolution of issues.
- Work with vendors and technical support organizations to coordinate troubleshooting processes for all issues in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in deploying and supporting Servers.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and clients.
- Design and implement functional network infrastructure
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Assist with implementing and maintaining EPAY Systems company security policies
- Resolve issues support has escalated by troubleshooting data center and cloud infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors
- Communicate with customers when needed
Desired Technologies Experience:
- Microsoft Windows Servers 2016, 2012R2 & 2008R2.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Cisco Firewall.
- VMware vSphere Essentials, Enterprise and vCenter 6.x and 5.x
- Local Backup systems such as Veeam.
- Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, VPNs.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols and routing protocols
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills
Experience in the below is a plus:
- Genesys Voice Platform.
- FEDRAMP experience is a plus
- Dynatrace experience is a plus
- BA/BS Degree (in lieu of degree, 5+ years equivalent experience).
- vocational training and industry certifications will also be considered
- Understanding of LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability.
- Full-time Salaried Position, after hours on-call
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules